Cabernet Franc $29
Cabernet Franc is a blue-black grape that is grown around the world, mostly for blending with other red wine grapes like Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, but also for its own varietal wines. Cabernet Franc is also commonly used for ice wines in North America. The varietal wines created from Cabernet Franc grapes is bright red because of the light color of the grapes.
Cabernet Franc is far less famous than other red wine varieties, despite being one of the most planted wine grapes in the world and despite being a key ingredient in many of the world’s best blended wines. This may be because it is not one of the Noble grape varieties and that, in turn, is because it lacks some of the internal structure to easily produce great wines on its own.
Dry Red Wine – Sliver Medal
- Raspberry, cherry, licorice, pepper and tobacco
- Red fruit and berries, blue berry, raspberry and plum
- Light body, smooth acidity with soft tannin profile
Cuisines to Eat with:
- Greek Food, Italian Food and Middle Eastern Cuisine
Pairing with Cheese:
- Blue Cheese, brie, cheddar aged and smoked, goat cheese, gorgonzola, gouda, havarti, monterey jack, swiss cheese