Syrah grapes, produce full-bodied, long-lived, fruity wines. Syrah flavors and aromas include peppers, berries, currants, and even chocolate.
Syrah grapes originated in France’s Rhone valley and their use in wines is traced back to the Romans and Greeks. Syrah is usually bottled alone as a varietal wine but can be blended with other grapes like Cabernet and Grenache and even a White Grape – Viognier.
Syrah wines have some of the strongest, most distinctive flavors and aromas of any red wine.
Dry Red Wine – Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals
- Red berry and dark fruits
- Red berry, dusty earth with hints of pepper
- Smooth, elegant with a balanced finish
- Beef, steak, stew and lamb
- Spanish and Italian Food
- Gouda, edam and cheddar cheese