Merlot [Mare-lo] has captured the attention of the everyday wine consumer because of its fresh, ripe fruit appeal. Merlot grapes produce components such as cherry, plum and currants with hints of cedar prominent with oak aging.
It is capable of producing wines which are full bodied and lower tannins, which makes it easier to drink than other red wines. Merlot is currently the world’s most popular and is one of the prominent grapes in Bordeaux.
Dry Red Wine – Medals
- Red berry, strawberry, dark fruits
- Red Berry, dusty earth, hints pepper & spice
- Smooth, elegant finish
- Shellfish, Salmon, Hamburgers, Short Ribs, Filet Mignon, Jambalaya
- Spansih, Italian and French food
- Gouda, gruyere, smoked cheddar and camembert